PROPOSITION A WILL FUND $534 MILLION TO IMPROVE CITY STREETS AND TRANSPORTATION:
- More than half of the Dallas Bond Program funding will go toward city street improvements and transportation-related needs
- Street-related repairs include alleys, street reconstruction and resurfacing, and sidewalk repairs and replacement.
- Bridge repairs and modification also will be made.
- Transportation-related needs to be addressed include traffic control signs, detectors and signal upgrades as well as school flasher improvements and street lighting
- Thoroughfares in new neighborhoods will be improved and enhanced to align with economic development growth