PROPOSITION E WILL FUND $16 MILLION TO REPLACE AND REPAIR LIBRARY FACILITIES AND CONSTRUCT A NEW LIBRARY:
- More than 7.2 million people visited a Dallas Public Library branch in person or online in 2016
- Libraries are for everyone and serve as centers of communities
- Libraries provide a variety of free programming for all ages, from preschoolers to seniors – ESL, GED, homework help, preschool story hours, financial literacy, computer training, science and arts educational programming, etc.
- E-books, audiobooks and videos are among the popular offerings in addition to books
- Locations have waited since 2006 for new and replacement libraries.